With today’s constantly changing work atmosphere, Zoom meetings are becoming the new normal. As companies shift into a “remote-first” attitude, the skill of handling Zoom meetings has become more and more in demand.
Now, with Covid-19 driving the rest of us to work-from-home (WFH), many of today’s employees are driven to hold meetings remotely from makeshift meeting-places such as kitchens, playrooms, and even showers.
With all this madness surrounding us, we might be having a difficult time limiting the amount of distractions in our meetings. Luckily, Zoom has a Virtual Background feature that allows you to filter out at least some of the bedlam.
Utilizing the Zoom virtual background is not complicated. Follow these steps and you will have instant access to a world of virtual destinations.
1. Select the image. Identify the image you would like to use as your Zoom Virtual Background. If you don’t already have it downloaded, make sure to download the image prior to moving on to the next step.
2. Navigate to “Settings” within Zoom. Open your Zoom App and click on the settings icon in the top right corner.
3. Open “Virtual Backgrounds.” Follow the side navigation pane to find the “Virtual Backgrounds” section of your settings.
4. Select a background. You can either select one of the preselected backgrounds, or you can upload one of your own by clicking the “add” button in the upper right corner.
5. Zoom on. Enjoy the rest of your meetings (without the stress of whatever mess may be waiting for you in the background)!
Now that you’ve got the basics down, here are a couple fun tips and tricks for you to make the most of your Zoom Virtual Backgrounds. (Warning: use at your own risk.)