The Complete Guide to Time Management
Learn how to increase operational efficiency, decrease the amount of monotonous work you have to complete on a regular basis, and find quicker alternatives to everyday tasks.
One of the easiest ways to boost productivity is to employ CloudApp’s video capture software to facilitate collaboration between staff members, project stakeholders and business unit. CloudApp’s video capture tool empowers employees to use their time more effectively. Available for Mac, Windows, iOS, and Chrome.
The Importance of Time Management
Time is our most valuable resource. We get 24 hours in a day and 168 in a week and there’s nothing you can do to change that. What you can change is how efficiently and wisely you use those hours.
Improve your time management skills by:
1. Ruthlessly cutting away the unimportant. Most of the tasks we clutter up our days with actually don’t help us get closer to our goals. Instead, they distract us. By being ruthless with your to-do’s you can find more time to do work that truly matters.
2. Getting the most important work done first. Do the most important thing first each day. And it can be a great way to boost your productivity and save some time too. This approach works for a couple of reasons. Firstly, at the beginning of the day, you’re less likely to have unexpected tasks crop up and take away your time. Secondly, ticking an important task off your list early in the day also feels great and allows you to build up momentum for the rest of your day.
3. Communicating visually. Trying to explain something in written text can be time consuming and when time is of the essence, it can get very difficult to articulate exactly what you want to say. This is where visual communication can be a life-saver and help you to keep up momentum in your workday. Sometimes, the need to write a long-winded message or explanation can be negated by a simple screenshot or screen recording, saving you a ton of time.
Use Your Time More Efficiently With CloudApp
The hallmark of any successful business is a workforce that’s completely engaged and productive throughout the day. Achieving that goal isn’t always easy with the sheer number of distractions that the modern worker has to deal with: social media, email, instant messages, online communities, etc. Even work-related tasks can be a drain on employee productivity if they are mismanaged or overly time-intensive. Time spent writing detailed, step-by-step troubleshooting instructions in an email, for instance, may be part of someone’s job description, but that doesn’t mean it’s the best use of their time.
CloudApp, a video collaboration tool trusted by 3 million people, will help you avoid writing long emails and getting your projects done 300% faster. It’s innovative visual features – live HD screen recorder, easy snipping tool, and GIF creator, will boost your productivity, while eliminating many of the time-consuming communication methods that are traditionally used.
Visual Features That Will Transform Your Workflow
It has been recorded that the average worker spends 28% of the work day reading and answering emails. And on average, a full-time worker in America sends and receives 120 messages per day. What an unnecessary distraction to be bombarded by!
While communication in the workplace is very important, there is no need to waste so many hours on writing and sending emails. You can cut down on the back-and-forth emails using CloudApp. Our visual features will magnify your productivity, by enabling you to talk less and show more. Here is how each of our unique tools can help you become better at time management:
Why write a long, confusing email when you can take a screenshot with CloudApp’s snipping tool? Unlike other screenshot software apps, CloudApp makes screen capturing as easy as possible. Just point your cursor anywhere and click. The capture will immediately be saved to your clipboard with its own link. If you would like to draw extra attention to a specific detail on the screenshot, you can easily annotate it with lines, shapes, arrows, blur, emojis, and more.
GIF Creator Tool
If your colleague asked for your help with a specific task and you do not have time to set up a meeting with her or him, don’t worry! CloudApp’s GIF creator tool will allow you to share information in one visual punch. You can simply record your step-by-step instructions and send the GIF to your colleague.
Constructive feedback can ensure successful project execution. It helps teams to efficiently manage time and resources. If you would like to share feedback with your teammates, CloudApp can make this process more practical. Our screen and webcam recorder makes it easy to articulate complicated ideas and provide as much clarity as possible.
CloudApp in Action
While CloudApp is beneficial to everyone, no matter their expertise, the example below shows how you can save time using this video collaboration tool as an IT or tech support employee.
A common refrain regarding IT and tech support is that the vast majority of that work could be covered by simply having the user turn off and on their machine. There’s some truth to that sentiment: Many knowledge workers spend far too much time handling tasks that the user could easily resolve themselves with a bit of guidance and go-to training materials.
Take a seemingly simple IT request like recovering a lost password or account credentials. Tech support teams can easily get bogged down helping individual employees get back into their locked accounts and set new login information. A simpler solution would be for a help desk representative to go through the process once while using CloudApp’s screen recorder and then uploading that video to a shared server where it can be easily accessed by anyone.
Rather than talk a co-worker through this process over the phone or write out a lengthy email with each step described in detail, help desk and tech support teams can use CloudApp’s live screen recorder to show precisely how to go about creating an account, recovering a forgotten password or setting a new one.
CloudApp also allows it users to add a human touch to their videos, by letting them record their faces and voices. Our webcam recorder is a great way to avoid any type of miscommunication and articulate complex ideas more easily.
How to Record Your Screen on Mac and Windows
CloudApp makes the screen recording process easy both on MacOS and Windows. If you would like to record your screen using our Mac App, follow these steps:
- Install CloudApp on your Mac
- Go to the CloudApp icon in your menu bar at the top of your screen
- Choose from the “TV,” “GIF,” and “Camera” icon to record a video, create a GIF or take a screenshot
- Click and drag with your mouse to select the area of the screen that you wish to record
- Select [ ] icon allows you to record the full screen, and the microphone and video camera icons allow you to add your voice
- Select the desired options and start recording
- Click the red “finish” button to stop recording
To record your screen using our Windows App, adhere to these steps:
- Download and Install CloudApp on your PC
- Click on the CloudApp icon in your quick launch icon tray at the bottom right side
- Or from the start menu, select CloudApp from the installed programs
- Choose from “camera,” “GIF” and “HD” icons to create screenshots, GIFs or videos
- Click and drag with the mouse pointer to choose the area for recording
- On the left side, there is the [ ] icon that allows you to record the entire screen
- Start recording and click the “finish” button to stop recording
Time is money, spend it wisely. Stop getting bogged down in arduous internal communications and unproductive meetings. Improve your time management skills by using all of the technology software resources at your disposal. Living in the 21st century means you have access to amazing, productivity-boosting apps. CloudApp make communication in the digital age more seamless than ever before. Let it empower you to show rather than tell. Open your FREE account today!
Top ranked and loved by customers
4.7 out of 5
4.7 out of 5
9.4 out of 10