How To Record Your Screen with CloudApp
CloudApp’s screen recording feature helps teams to share ideas, communicate thoughts, and collaborate through personalized video. Learn how to record your screen and save time by sharing your thoughts with HD video and webcam recordings.
CloudApp’s screen recording tool is available for Mac, Windows, iOS and Chrome. Downloading the tool is quick and easy. Simply download the app from GetCloudApp above, access it from the Apple Store for Mac and iOS, for PC from the Microsoft Windows Store, and go to the Chrome Webstore and add the extension to Chrome.
Screen Recording for Teams
One of the core features of CloudApp is screen recording. The App provides an easy and quick way for teams to capture HD videos, GIFs, and screenshots, and share the content in their team messaging client, project tracking tool, or productivity app integrations that teams use in their everyday workflows. Using the drag and drop feature, all content can be easily added into Google Docs, Microsoft Office, or embed in email. Let’s take a look at how to record your computer screen on macOS and Windows using the CloudApp.
How to Record Your Screen on macOS
To record your screen using our Mac App, follow these steps:
- Install CloudApp on your Mac
- Go to the CloudApp icon in your menu bar at the top of your screen
- Choose from the “TV,” “GIF,” and “Camera” icon to record a video, create a GIF or take a screenshot
- Click and drag with your mouse to select the area of the screen that you wish to record
- Select [ ] icon allows you to record the full screen, and the microphone and video camera icons allow you to add your voice
- Select the desired options and start recording
- Click the red “finish” button to stop recording
Using the Keyboard Shortcuts on Mac
Alternatively, you can set and use the keyboard shortcuts on your Mac:
- Go into the preferences section of the app to set the keyboard shortcut for video recording
- Press the keyboard shortcut, e.g., Cmd+Shift+6 to start video recording
- Follow the steps as you see above for video recording or creating GIFs and screenshots.
How to Record Your Screen on Windows
To record your screen using our Windows App, follow these steps:
- Download and Install CloudApp on your PC
- Click on the CloudApp icon in your quick launch icon tray at the bottom right side
- Or from the start menu, select CloudApp from the installed programs
- Choose from “camera,” “GIF” and “HD” icons to create screenshots, GIFs or videos
- Click and drag with the mouse pointer to choose the area for recording
- On the left side, there is the [ ] icon that allows you to record the entire screen
- Start recording and click the “finish” button to stop recording
Using the Keyboard Shortcuts on Windows
As with the Mac app, you can set and use the keyboard shortcuts on your PC:
- Use the preference menu by right clicking on the CloudApp icon to set the keyboard shortcut that lets you start video recording.
- Press the keyboard shortcut ‘Alt + Shift + 6’ to capture a section of your screen to start recording
- Use the same steps as above, or go into the preferences to set new shortcuts
The Ultimate Guide to Getting A Year of CloudApp Premium Free
CloudApp is very simple native screen recorder app which allows teams to communicate ideas, share feedback, and collaborate with co-workers and friends. The world’s best companies love CloudApp on G2 Crowd because of the powerful and easy to use screen and video capture features. To get started, create a free CloudApp account and learn how to get a free year of CloudApp Premium for free.
Top ranked and loved by customers
4.7 out of 5
4.7 out of 5
9.4 out of 10