GIF Maker for Mac
CloudApp is an easy to use GIF maker for Mac that will allow you to capture anything on your screen and instantly save it to the cloud. Once your GIF is stored in your personal and secure CloudApp library, you can share it with friends, colleagues, and customers via email, Slack chat, Trello Card, and more. It’s the perfect communication tool for busy professionals!
The CloudApp GIF maker for Mac and iOS is quick and easy to download. Access the app from GetCloudApp above or from the Apple Store for Mac and iOS to start making one-of-a-kind GIFs and other visual content pieces today.
The Ultimate GIF Maker For Mac
It’s nearly impossible to surf the internet or scroll through social media without seeing a GIF or two (or three, or four…) People love to create them because they convey information at lightning speed and can help clarify complex processes and/or workflows — both of which increase productivity levels.
In fact, GIFs have become the go-to communication strategy for many professionals in a wide variety of industries. From internal communication between colleagues to customer support purposes, GIFs have rightfully earned their place in modern work environments.
Have you thought about using GIFs to speed up your communication efforts? If so, you’re likely looking for an easy-to-use tool that will help you make them quickly and effectively. We’re happy to say that CloudApp is the best tool to make GIFS and screenshots for mac!
Use the CloudApp GIF maker for Mac to speed up internal conversations, better connect with your customers, and minimize misinterpretations between all parties. Keep reading to learn more about CloudApp and how it can make you a communication superstar.
CloudApp is a visual communication tool that combines a snipping tool for mac, screen and webcam recording, GIF creation, and image annotation features into one, easy-to-use application. It’s used by professionals at major companies like Adobe, Salesforce, and Uber to increase productivity and minimize miscommunications between users.
Imagine the freedom you’ll feel when you can speak your mind to colleagues via your computer’s webcam, rather than typing out long-winded emails that are easy to misunderstand. CloudApp empowers users by allowing them to communicate visually.
What's A GIF?
GIFs, short for “Graphics Interchange Format,” are a type of visual content that have become quite popular in the last decade. If you’ve spent any time at all perusing blogs or scrolling through social media feeds, you’ve seen a GIF.
“Great,” you’re thinking, “but what is a GIF?” A GIF is simply a series of images, strung together to create a soundless video that will loop continuously.
While anyone can create a GIF and post it on social media for entertainment purposes, the professional world has recently begun using them to quickly convey complex information and increase recipient understanding of detailed ideas and/or processes.
For example, GIFs can be used by:
- Software Engineers: GIFs are the easiest way to capture and report on bugs in your company’s software code. Simply record the bug in CloudApp with a screen grab on mac (or Windows), annotate the GIF for extra clarity, and then distribute the pull request via Slack, Jira, or Github.
- Marketing Professionals: Top-notch marketers use CloudApp’s GIF-making capabilities to better plan, draft, and revise their marketing campaigns. Cut back on long-winded emails and send easy-to-understand GIFs to your colleagues instead. By doing so, you could boost your marketing team’s productivity by as much as 300%!
- Sales Associates: Your prospects don’t want to read about product features, they want to see them. Quickly create a GIF that highlights key product capabilities for your audience and allows them to understand exactly what your offerings can do.
- Product Managers: For most companies, product creation is a collaborative process. Quickly create GIFs to illustrate new product features and send them to your colleagues for feedback. They can then respond with GIFs of their own, complete with custom annotations, to clarify the changes they suggest.
- Customer Support Reps: Your customers are the lifeblood of your business. So it makes sense to treat them with the utmost care and respect. When you receive customer questions, don’t respond with a boring, easy-to-misinterpret email. Instead, send a GIF to illustrate complex processes and workflows and ensure understanding.
The Benefits of GIFs
There are many benefits associated with GIFs, but we want to focus on three specific ones: speed, clarity, and fun. Let’s dive into each of these individually:
- Speed: Creating a GIF with CloudApp is much quicker than typing out a long email to describe a process or workflow. Simply hit the record button, capture your content, and send the resulting GIF to your colleagues and/or customers.
- Clarity: GIFs aren’t just handy for content creators, they also make it easier for recipients of said content to gain clarity. Written messages are easy to misinterpret. But GIFs show recipients exactly what the content creator has in mind.
- Fun: Lastly, GIFs are a fun way to communicate with colleagues and customers because they’re easy to create and understand. Boost the employee and customer experience by sending GIFs instead of tedious emails.
GIFs are a fantastic way to communicate. But how do you actually create them? That’s where CloudApp, the best GIF maker for Mac, comes in…
How to Create a GIF With CloudApp
The CloudApp GIF maker for Mac is the best and easiest way to create GIFs and other visual content pieces. Don’t believe us? Take a quick gander at this tutorial and see for yourself.
To create a GIF with CloudApp, you simply:
- Download CloudApp to your Mac — it’s completely free! Then head over to your computer’s Menu Bar and click the CloudApp icon to reveal a drop-down menu.
- Select “GIF” from the list of content types at the top of the drop-down menu. Next, choose the area of your screen that you want to capture. Or simply click once to record the entire screen for your GIF. A menu with recording options will appear.
- Once inside the recording options menu, you’ll be able to adjust the amount of screen you want to capture, enable webcam recording, and start and stop your GIF. When you’re ready to begin recording, click the green “Start” button.
- To stop recording, click the red “Finish” button. Your GIF will automatically save to your personal CloudApp library. Click the CloudApp icon again in your Mac’s Menu Bar to access the GIF you’ve made. Ready to edit, send, or delete your GIF? Simply hover over it with your mouse and select the desired option.
That’s it! Creating GIFs with CloudApp is incredibly easy, which means you can focus on creating great content, not learning how to use our software.
Integrate CloudApp With All Your Favorite Tools
CloudApp will help you create amazing visual content (like GIFs) at the speed of sight — literally! Once you start using our tool, you’ll see your productivity rise and be able to minimize the number of miscommunications between you and your team.
But here’s the thing: CloudApp, powerful as it is, probably isn’t the only tool you’ll want to use on a daily basis. That’s why we made sure that CloudApp integrates with some of the most popular business solutions around. Connect CloudApp to:
- Slack: Send the content you create with CloudApp to your colleagues via Slack chats.
- Zendesk: Create personalized GIFs for your customers to answer their questions. Then attach them to Zendesk support tickets and delight your audience.
- Trello: Boost your project management skills by creating GIFs with CloudApp and attaching them to Trello cards so your team is always in the know.
- Google Docs: Collaborating with colleagues on an important document? Spice it up with a GIF that’s easy to drag and drop into the Google ecosystem.
- Zapier: Don’t see a specific integration option on the CloudApp website? Never fear! CloudApp works seamlessly with Zapier, allowing you to connect our solution to thousands of others in a variety of different software categories.
There are plenty of other integration possibilities, too! Check out the CloudApp Integrations page to discover which of your favorite apps are included.
Top ranked and loved by customers
4.7 out of 5
4.7 out of 5
9.4 out of 10
Start Using CloudApp Today!
CloudApp has everything you need to boost your productivity via visual communication — including the best GIF maker for Mac on the market. But don’t worry, all this functionality won’t cost you an arm and a leg to use. In fact, it won’t cost you anything.
Get started with CloudApp for free today! Once you download our solution, you’ll be able to easily record your screen, create GIFs, and annotated images.
If you decide you want access to premium features like unlimited video recording, enhanced editing, customized sharing options, Call-to-Action buttons, and Do-Not-Disturb mode, simply upgrade to our Pro plan for just $9 a month when paid annually.
Other Screen Capture Tools Don’t Stand A Chance
As you learned above, the right screen recorder software can do so much more for you and your business than simply save a screenshot to your computer. That’s the way of the past, yet companies such as Techsmith, claiming to be top-of-class screen capture software, require downloading and installing 3 of their tools (Snagit, Jing, Screencast) to have all the features that CloudApp comes with in the all-in-one native app. Other tools including Vidyard or Wistia, simply miss out on valuable workflow collaboration tools, analytics to help you grow your business and customization capabilities. Others such as Loom, Soapbox or GoVideo, are limited to Chrome Extensions and serve no further business function or value beyond of a quick video or a screenshot.CloudApp also serves as more than just a DropBox type file storage center. It also won’t cost your five times the amount of money for half the features like a Vidyard or a Droplr that provides little to no creative functions. With CloudApp you can let your creativity flow with video annotation or dual screen and webcam recording.
Still Don’t Believe Us? See For Yourself
Don’t restrict your creativity or slow down your workflow even more with antiquated screen recording software. It’s time to step into the 21st century and catch up with this on-demand world. Sign up for a free CloudApp account and try it for yourself to see just how fruitful screen recording can be for your teams and your bottom line. CloudApp is the future of visual communication — an essential screen recording tool for every industry where speed and clarity are essential.
How to Record Your Screen?
- Step 1: Download CloudApp for Windows or Mac
- Step 2: Click on the CloudApp.msi file in the downloads folder
- Step 3: CloudApp should immediately open
- Step 4: Register for a free CloudApp screen recording account when prompted
- Step 5: To record your screen, click on your CloudApp icon. Select the TV recording image. Prefer hotkeys? Use this combination for Mac :Cmd+Shift+6, Windows: Alt+Shift+6
- Step 6: Use your mouse to select the area on your screen you wish to record and click the green “Start” button to begin recording.
- Step 7: Click the red “Finish” button when you are done your video
To record your screen select ‘Record Your Screen’ on CloudApp’s drop down menu. You can access this through hotkeys on Mac with cmd + shift + 6. The Windows hotkeys alt + shift + 6. You will then click and drag what part of your screen you want to record then release your finger from the mouse and press ‘Start’.
CloudApp is a great free screen recorder option. CloudApp is a screen recorder compatible with multiple operating systems and offers customer support. This free screen recorder offers premium features like partial screen recording, team sharing, annotations, and in-viewer editing.
CloudApp is a screen recorder that is compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux operating systems. CloudApp also supports screen recording in the Chrome browser and on the iPhone.
To record your screen press Windows + Alt + R. These hotkeys should cause a recording icon to pop up in the top right of your screen. Press this button when ready to record.