Your First Screenshot
Now that you’ve signed up for and downloaded CloudApp, it’s time to put this free tool to use! Make your first screenshot by following these steps:
- Press the keys “Command,” “Shift,” and “5” simultaneously (CMD + SHFT + 5), or press ‘Screenshot’ from your CloudApp menu.
- A dark filter will cover your screen. This means you’re ready to take a screenshot. Click once to capture your whole screen! If you want to capture a certain part of your screen, click and drag over the portion you’d like to capture. Both ways, releasing the click will submit your screenshot to the cloud.
- If your sound is turned on, you will hear a “ding!” sound. This notification means that (1) your screenshot took place, (2) it was made into a shareable link, and (3) its link was automatically copied so you can paste it anywhere.
- Share the screenshot anywhere - in a phone message, Slack, Twitter, etc. - by simply using “Paste.” You can do this by either using the hotkey CMD + V or by right clicking on your mouse and picking “Paste.” Your link will appear in that region, and now anyone who sees it can access your screenshot.
- You can repeat this process anytime with the same beginning shortcut, CMD + SHFT + 5. Happy capturing!
Remember that your content is uploaded to our secure cloud so your content is accessible and safe.