Why should you use a GIF instead of an HD video (made with a screen recorder)? or vice versa?
GIFs (cmd + shift + 6):
- Simple how-to questions for your customers (password reset instructions, changing preferences, etc.)
- Feature explanations for your users - wow them with visuals!
- Best for quick “this is what I’m seeing on my end”
- Best for short clips (15-20 seconds max)
- Always embed so it starts playing automatically
Where to use: Inject via one of our integrations (Trello, Zendesk, Jira) or drag and drop into email
HD Videos (cmd + shift + 6):
- Use when recording 30 seconds or longer
- Great for longer answers to more complicated questions, or step-by-step instructions
- Capture bugs (helpful so you can see when a problem starts/stops, vs infinitely looping)
- Create training videos for teammates or customers
- Always record audio for more context and personalization
- HD video allows the viewer to play and pause whenever they want whereas a GIF, you have to wait for it to loop to re-watch something
Where: Anywhere! But, they’re not embeddable by nature so always include the link
You wanted a GIF and changed your mind? Click on HD before you start and decide if you want to also record your voice or mute it.