Why should you use a GIF instead of an HD video (made with a screen recorder)? or vice versa?
GIFs(cmd + shift + 6):
– Simple how-to questions for your customers (password reset instructions, changing preferences, etc.)
– Feature explanations for your users – wow them with visuals!
– Best for quick “this is what I’m seeing on my end”
– Best for short clips (15-20 seconds max)
– Always embed so it starts playing automatically
Where to use: Inject via one of our integrations (Trello, Zendesk, Jira) or drag and drop into email
HD Videos(cmd + shift + 6):
– Use when recording 30 seconds or longer
– Great for longer answers to more complicated questions, or step-by-step instructions
– Capture bugs (helpful so you can see when a problem starts/stops, vs infinitely looping)
– Create training videos for teammates or customers
– Always record audio for more context and personalization
– HD video allows the viewer to play and pause whenever they want whereas a GIF, you have to wait for it to loop to re-watch something
Where: Anywhere! But, they’re not embeddable by nature so always include the link
You wanted a GIF and changed your mind? Click on HD before you start and decide if you want to also record your voice or mute it.