8 Tips to Keep in Mind When Choosing a Website Builder for your Business
You have a great small business running and you want to show your clients your professional website. Not everyone can build a website from the ground up, so there are resources out there to assist you. One of the best resources is a website builder, but how do you know which one to use? Here are eight tips to keep in mind when choosing a website builder for your business.
1. Price - Before you go looking around for a website builder, you need to know what your budget is. You do not want to go looking for all the bells and whistles if you cannot afford them. Different website builders offer different add ons and have a wide range of prices. You need to know your budget so you do not end up buying unnecessary additions. You should stick to your price range and knowledge. What good is a website that you cannot maneuver?
2. Themes - You need to figure out what theme you will be using throughout the page.Your theme should be unique to your page and design style. A smaller website builder might be limited by the number of themes they offer. You want to be sure you like the theme that you pick out because your whole website will be based on that theme.
3. Compatibility - The smaller the webpage the less compatible it will be. You might want to splurge a little to use a larger website builder for your business. You will be more compatible with different sources and will be able to do more things with your website. If you want to be able to take payments on your site, you will need a bigger website builder. If your site is for information only, you may be able to get away with a smaller website builder.
4. Support - One thing to keep in mind when you are deciding which website builder to work with is support. You will want to be able to get ahold of someone if something happens to your site or you are having difficulty running your site. The website builder should offer support and resources to help you keep your website running smoothly. You might want to check out the 15 best free website builders for 2019 on the web to find a reputable company that will help you when you need it most.
5. Research - Do your research before committing to any one company. You do not want to get stuck with a company that does not back their product or help you. Check out customer reviews and other website business reviews to see if the website builder you chose will fit your needs and is reputable. You do not want to get stuck with a website you cannot maintain or a company that does not do what they promised. A good website building company will have great reviews and references.
6. Changes - If you want multiple themes or would like to switch your website around to make it more to your liking you want to make sure that your website builder has these capabilities. You want to have freedom to redesign your site as you choose so make sure your website builder offers that freedom. Some website builders only offer a one time deal. Make sure your website builder is flexible to your needs and desires. If not, you will have to choose another website builder who can design the website that will benefit you and your customers the most.
7. Videos and more - There are an unlimited number of website designs out there. You have the picture in your head and you know what you want. Maybe you want to include videos and customer testimonials. Cloud App is a great example of a site that offers many different video options including webcam, embedded HD video, screenshots and more. Do you want people to be able to find your location on your website by pushing a button? Make sure the website building companies you are considering are able to include these options in your website. You do not want to offer payment options and not have a place for your customers to pay. Research the company and make sure they can develop a site that you want. You are paying them, so they should work for you.
8. Previewing - Being able to see what your website will look like and how easy it is for customers to maneuver before going live is essential. Be sure that the website builder that you choose offers previewing. That way you can get all of the kinks out of the site before you show it off to your potential customers. There is nothing worse than having a customer who wants to buy something get blocked because your website is not linking to your payment option. Being able to preview your site before going live is a valuable tool.
This tips will help you get started on the search to find the best website builder for your company. Be sure to work with a reputable company that has everything you need. With the right website builder your business will grow and prosper.