CloudApp for Project Management
CloudApp is an easy to use visual communication tool that’s perfect for project management purposes. Its combination of screen and webcam recording, GIF creation, and image annotation features allow for seamless communication between team members, while its integration capabilities with well-known apps like Asana and Trello enable frictionless project management.
CloudApp’s project management features are available for Mac, Windows, iOS and Chrome. Downloading the software is quick and easy. Simply download the app from GetCloudApp above, access it from the Apple Store for Mac and iOS, for PC from the Microsoft Windows Store, or go to the Chrome Webstore and add the extension to Chrome.
The Project Management Tool You Need
There are a lot of project management tools on the market. Some are good, some are bad, but none of them allow teams to converse as conveniently as CloudApp. Why? Because CloudApp utilizes visual communication techniques that boost productivity and promote crystal clear conversations between coworkers.
In order to complete projects on time and on budget, teams have to communicate effectively. If they don’t, important details slip through the cracks, mistakes are made, and it becomes nearly impossible to meet deadlines without spending additional funds.
CloudApp’s revolutionary screen and webcam recording, GIF creation, and image annotation features ensure this doesn’t happen. Keep reading to learn more about how our ground-breaking solution can assist your project management efforts.
The Rise of Project Management
We all manage projects every day, even if “project manager” isn’t our official title. Everything from writing company blog posts to cooking dinner at home could be considered a project that needs to be managed.
So before we go on, we want to define what we mean by project management:
Project management is the act of brainstorming, planning, executing, and delivering a collection of tasks in order to achieve a specific goal or goals for a company.
Interest in project management as a business practice has exploded. In the last 10 years, the Project Management Institute has seen its member-base grow from 25,000 folks to over a quarter million. That’s a 10-fold increase in a single decade!
It’s not surprising when you understand how beneficial project management can be. Effective project management leads to:
- More Efficiency: A qualified project manager will bring focus and clarity to a company and the projects it attempts to complete. This leads to work getting completed on time and on budget on a more consistent basis.
- Less Risk: Teams that work inefficiently pose a great risk to companies. Inefficiency often leads to projects of low quality and missed deadlines, which could result in a loss of customers. Project managers are in charge of making sure this doesn’t happen.
- Greater Success: Lastly, proper project management almost always leads to greater company success. This is because project managers are generally able to look at completed projects and assess what can be improved upon in the future.
Now that we know what project management is and why it’s crucial to business success, let’s look at how CloudApp assists project management processes.
If you’re not familiar with our software, CloudApp is a visual communication tool that brings screen and webcam recording, GIF creation, and image annotation features to the cloud. Our solution is incredibly powerful but also easy to use. That’s why big-name brands like Uber, Salesforce, and Adobe are loyal customers.
In the next few sections, we’ll dissect the most prominent CloudApp features and explain why they can be advantageous to project managers and their teams.
Visual Communication Made Easy
Here’s the truth: visuals allow teams to communicate more effectively than plain text alone. As we’ve already established, communication is key to project management success. Here’s how CloudApp’s visual communication features can benefit your projects:
- Screen Recording: Rather than explaining complex processes in long, drawn-out emails, users can take advantage of CloudApp’s screen recording feature and simply show their contact how to do something. This workflow is much more efficient for both demonstrator and recipient and will greatly improve productivity in your organization.
- Webcam Recording: Similarly, your computer’s webcam can be used to record yourself explaining your ideas or clarifying key points to your team. It’s a much quicker form of communication. It’s also more personable and will better engage your staff. This is important as employee engagement has been proven to boost profitability by 21%.
- GIF Creation: A GIF is a silent, looped video clip. If you’ve spent five minutes online in the last few years, you’ve certainly seen one — they’re quite popular and frequently used on social media and in blog posts. As it turns out, CloudApp allows users to quickly make GIFs and send them to colleagues.
Here’s how to use CloudApp’s visual communication features:
- First, Download CloudApp to your Windows or Mac computer. Then click the CloudApp icon to begin using the tool. You’ll find it in the Quick Launch Icon tray on Windows devices and the Menu Bar on Mac devices. A drop-down menu will appear.
- To create a new piece of content, select either “Capture” to take a screenshot of your screen, “Recording” to record a video of your screen or yourself (via your computer’s webcam), or GIF. Next, choose the portion of your screen that you want to capture.
- Once you’ve selected a portion of your screen to capture, another window will appear. Select “Start” to begin a recording or GIF and “Finish” to end it. When you’re done, the resulting content will automatically be uploaded to your personal CloudApp Library.
And that’s it! You now know how to use CloudApp’s visual communication features to improve your project management processes.
Ultimate Clarity With Image Annotations
What do you do with your screen grabs and webcam recordings once they’ve been shot? The answer is: you edit them to perfection. CloudApp makes it easy to crop images, cut down recordings, and even pixelate private information. But it doesn’t stop there…
CloudApp includes powerful annotation features that allow users to add text, arrows, shapes, emojis, and more to their CloudApp content. You can even upload videos and images from outside sources and then annotate them using our solution.
The best part is, it’s super easy to use this feature. All you have to do it:
- Click the CloudApp icon on your computer, which can be found in the Menu Bar or Quick Launch Icon tray, depending on whether you’re an Apple or Windows user.
- In the menu that appears, select the piece of content that you’d like to annotate from your personal CloudApp library. Then hit the “Edit” icon.
- To edit third-party content, click the “Upload” button at the top right corner of the CloudApp menu and follow the prompts. Then re-find said content in your CloudApp library and click the “Edit” icon.
- Once your content has been chosen, an edit window will appear. All you have to do is choose the annotation options from the left-hand side of the screen and add them to your image or video. When you’re done, click “Save”.
- Your content will now be saved to your CloudApp library for safe keeping, ready for you when you need it again.
Annotated videos and images are a great way to convey information fast. For example, if a colleague sends you a graphic and asks for feedback, you could write them a long email containing your thoughts. Or, you could take a screenshot of the graphic and then annotate it, quickly showing them what to change using arrows and text. How cool is that?
Quickly Distribute Your Content
The amazing content you create with CloudApp won’t benefit your project management efforts if you don’t have a convenient way to share it with your colleagues. Fortunately, CloudApp makes content distribution extremely easy in the form of secure links and convenient call-to-action buttons. Here’s how file-sharing works inside CloudApp:
- First, create your CloudApp content. Once your webcam recording, GIF, or annotated screenshot has been made, CloudApp will automatically save it to your personal library and create a unique link for it.
- To share, simply click on the CloudApp icon on your computer. Mac users will find it in their Menu Bar, while Windows users will find it in the Quick Launch Icon tray. A menu will appear.
- Search through your library to find the piece of content you want to share, then hover over it.
- At this point you have two options: you can click the “Copy Link” icon and then paste it into an email or Slack Chat. You can also click “Share” and then choose one of the share options in the menu that appears.
As you can see, sharing your CloudApp creations couldn’t be simpler. When managing projects, you’ll save a boatload of time by first crafting your content with CloudApp and then using our platform to distribute it to your colleagues.
The Perfect Complements to CloudApp
CloudApp is a powerful tool. But to really kick your project management efforts into high-gear, we recommend integrating it with one of our partners. The process is quick and easy and will give you complete control over your projects. Here are a few of the integrations available in regards to project management:
- Slack: This office communication tool is wildly popular because it allows teams to easily organize their conversations. By integrating Slack with CloudApp, you’ll be able to quickly send your CloudApp content in a Slack chat.
- Asana: When it comes to project management, Asana is a top software choice because of its robust feature set. But Asana doesn’t have any visual communication capabilities. Luckily, integrating Asana with CloudApp will allow you to drag and drop CloudApp content into this project management tool.
- Trello: If you want to use a project management tool with a simple interface and powerful features, Trello is a great option. Once integrated, CloudApp content like videos and annotated screenshots can instantly be added to any Trello board.
- Google Docs: Many teams use Google Docs to collaborate over written materials and share ideas. If Google Docs is part of your company’s workflow, you’ll love this integration, which will allow you to drag and drop CloudApp content into Google Docs.
While the above integrations are the most popular for project management purposes, CloudApp also seamlessly connects with a host of other tools. Check out our integrations page for details.
Top ranked and loved by customers
4.7 out of 5
4.7 out of 5
9.4 out of 10