I’m thrilled to announce new features to our screen recording experience: captions and transcriptions.
Captions improve the ability of audiences to discover and consume your videos. Upon request, CloudApp will generate an English transcript for your videos and screen recordings. When watching a video, not everyone is in a place where they can listen to the audio, and many people understand videos better when they can read along with captions at the same time.
Adding captions to your videos will make for:
- Overall improved experience, which allows your audience to consume your content regardless of where they are.
- Added accessibility (particularly for those that are deaf or hearing impaired)
- Improved understanding for ESL and non-native English speakers
- Improved search, CloudApp allows you to search your captions and descriptions
How to add captions to your videos
After you have finished recording a video, follow these steps to add captions and get your transcription.
- Visit your video in the CloudApp viewer
- Click on the Transcription option right below the video description box
- Click “Request Transcription”
- You will receive an email when your transcription and captions are ready
- Visit the video again in the CloudApp viewer, and you’ll be able to read the transcription as well as enable captions on the video
Generate your transcription at the bottom of your video.
You’ll be notified when the transcription is ready.
Use the transcription to skip to certain parts of the video.
Toggle closed captions on or off, by clicking the “㏄” on the lower right corner of the video player.
Captions are also made available to unfurled and embedded videos. This is especially helpful for customers that send videos in Slack, or embed their CloudApp videos in a help center or on their website.
Captions will be initially rolled out to our Enterprise customers. We hope to expand the feature set out to additional paid plans in the future. If you would like to gain access to captions, along with other enhanced security features, please contact our sales team about an Enterprise account.