Repeatedly clicking and moving the cursor is frustrating. It slows you down and wastes your time. Luckily, Windows provides several keyboard shortcuts that can help you perform tasks quickly and easily.
Many people know the most common Windows shortcuts, such as Ctrl + V to paste and Ctrl + C to copy. However, there are more innovative keyboard shortcuts that can speed up your work. Learning the best and most innovative Windows shortcuts can make your PC experience more efficient and enjoyable.
Most Innovative Windows Shortcuts In 2022
- Create a New Folder
Folders are perfect for making it easy for you to find your work, so you can easily create several folders and subfolders within your primary folder. However, finding space to right-click in already cluttered folders to create new folders could be a nuisance and slow down your progress. But if you’re using Windows 10, you only need to press Ctrl + Shift + N to create a new folder automatically.
- Switch Tabs or Applications
By the end of the day, you may have a ton of tabs and applications open. To switch between various applications, press Alt + Tab and Ctrl.
To see all the applications you have opened at once, just press the Windows Key + Tab. If you want to switch through several tabs within the same program, press Ctrl + Tab. To change the order in which you move through the tabs, just press Ctrl + Shift + Tab.
- Close Window
Here’s another innovative Windows shortcut that makes it easier for you to manage the multitude of windows you have open on your screen. This shortcut allows you to close the current window swiftly with just a tap of the keyboard instead of using your cursor and clicking in the right top corner of the window.
If you have multiple windows open on your screen and have finished what you were doing, just press Ctrl + W to close the windows you aren’t using and create some space on your screen.
- Recover Recently Closed Tabs
Did you accidentally close a tab on your web browser? A slip of the hand can cause the tab you’re using currently to disappear. But you don’t need to go searching for the tab in history.
To restore the last tab you closed in any browser, press Ctrl + Shift + T and the tab will pop right back. You can also open a new tab in your browser by pressing Ctrl + T.
- Screenshot a Certain Area on Your Screen
Often, you may want to screenshot a particular area on your screen without capturing the other clutter on your screen. You can do that by pressing Windows Key + Shift + S. Your screen will then fade to show that you can take a screenshot.
Next, drag your cursor across the area you want to screenshot, and everything in that area will be copied automatically to the clipboard. However, you’ll have to paste the screenshot into any image editing application to save it.
If you want to screenshot your entire window, that’s quite easy. You can do that by pressing the Windows key + PrtScn or Alt + PrtScn and a screenshot of the window that you’re using currently will be saved on the clipboard.
- Use Many Screens
Do you need to make a presentation? You can do that by simply connecting a Windows 10 device to an external projector or monitor. Then press Windows Key + P and all the options will pop up on the right-hand side of your screen. This enables you to extend or mirror the display or duplicate it while eliminating some of the stress of setting up a presentation.
- Run Applications
An innovative feature added in Windows 10 is running several programs on your taskbar by just pressing the Windows key + a number. For instance, if you have Microsoft Edge, File Explorer, Microsoft Store, Mail, and a web browser on your taskbar in that order, pressing the Windows key + 1 will automatically open Microsoft Edge.
- Find Your Desktop
Often, with multiple windows clogging up your computer screen, it’s challenging to find the desktop. Dive through the clutter by pressing the Windows Key + D to switch immediately to your desktop. Press the same Windows shortcut to bring back the windows that you were using.
Innovative Customer Experience Tools
The best customer experience tools allow business owners to manage customer feedback to help improve customer relations and sales. They’re equipped with advanced capabilities, such as customer analytics, content management, contextual help, and customer feedback. Innovative customer experience tools are also an essential part of content marketing and customer communications for effective insights. Some of the most innovative customer experience tools out there include:
- Zendesk. This customer experience tool supports product-led customer conversations to flow seamlessly across all platforms. Using Zendesk Sunshine, you can develop your own customer experience solution and build your business’s open and flexible customer relationship management (CRM) platform. Zendesk allows you to connect seamlessly with your customers and understand where your customer data is stored. Zendesk offers four brilliant products in one package: guide, support, talk, and chat. These products allow you to do everything from giving your employees a smart self-service to overseeing customer support. Also, it offers analytics and reporting, a live chat, and a sales CRM function.
- HubSpot Service Hub. This tool recognizes that today’s customers have more options, more control, and higher expectations. Thus, Hubspot’s Service Hub contains all the tools businesses need to keep their customers happy. The features in the Hubspot Service Hub can help you provide a seamless customer experience, especially the Conversations Inbox. This tool brings all communication platforms from live chat, forms, Facebook Messenger, and email inboxes together into one general inbox.
- CloudApp. CloudApp is a visual communication customer experience tool that features industry-leading GIF creation, screen recording, and screenshot annotation features. It equips your customer service team with personalized GIFs to show your customers how to complete complicated processes rather than sending your customers links with a set of instructions.
CloudApp allows businesses to record and screenshot their screens, and then edit them with text boxes, emojis, and arrows, making it easier to engage with customers and offer an excellent customer experience. CloudApp also allows you to create personalized content quickly and share them with your customers, which helps you close customer support tickets faster while delivering an excellent customer experience. Companies like Intercom save an hour per week using CloudApp’s annotated screenshots and videos to answer customer questions. Intercom reported higher creative flow and less frustration from using CloudApp.
Tyler Sellhorn notes that remote work requires a fundamental shift, and that it’s “a forcing function for intentionality as an organization, and that carries over to customer experience.” To function well remotely requires completing assignments on time and ensuring they are accurately done. Using these 8 simple shortcuts will keep you ahead of the game—and ahead of the deadline.